The Fall Fresh Roots Festival features the Hillsborough Handmade Parade! Join us Saturday, October 20 for a celebration of Downtown Hillsborough shopping, dining, art, music and more!
CLICK HERE FOR THE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS! There is something for everyone at the Fresh Roots Festival in Historic Downtown Hillsborough.
Hillsborough Fresh Roots Festival and Feast
October 20th and 21st Downtown and Nash Street
Hillsborough, NC — (September 20, 2012) — Hillsborough’s unique heritage will be celebrated during a Fresh Roots Festival on Saturday, October 20. An all-day “Hillsborough Sampler Plate,” will bring-out musicians, a handmade puppet parade, local food, author readings, fresh coffee, art, authors and historic walking tours.
Mark your calendar, Saturday, October 20th.
- Begin the day at the Eno River Farmer’s Market Pavilion, downtown.
- Head to the Eno Gallery as they present “Coffee with the Authors.” John Claude Bemis, Allan Gurganus, Ed and Janet Howle, Elizabeth Matheson, Michael Malone, James Maxey, A.J. Mayhew and Nancy Peacock will be at the Eno Gallery for a special meet and greet.
- At Noon, local musicians will perform on the Courthouse Lawn to kick-off the pre-parade festivities.
- At 2pm, the Hand Made Parade begins, from Margaret Lane to Churton Street all the way to the Burwell School.
- Walk over to Purple Crow books and shop for signed editions of local author books.
- Browse Orange County Library and enjoy a Literary Hour, spotlighting local author Jill McCorkle. McCorkle will entertain everyone with readings from her popular books.
- Throughout the day, Hillsborough will offer a free shuttle bus from downtown to Nash Street in West Hillsborough.
- The Depot at Nash Street will have a Chili Cook-off from 4 – 6 pm and you can enter your best recipe for competition.
- Jim Adams will have a blacksmithing demonstration in the afternoon.
- At the Depot, the Bulltown Strutters will perform from 6-8pm, followed by the Doc Branch Band at 8:30. The Depot also has local breweries on tap, a lovely selection of wines, sandwiches, hot dogs, ice cream and coffee.
In addition, throughout the day, The Orange County Library and The Eno River Farmer’s Market will have children’s events all day. The Historic Courthouse will offer music. Bands include: Yarn, Sirius B., James Justin & Co., Onward Soldiers, Pierce Edens & the Dirty Work and more.
The deck is accessible off Nash & Kollock Street. As you head through town on South Churton Street, simply turn at the stoplight by Weaver Street Market/Gateway Center and the deck entrance is past the complex on the right. The deck is open to the public and parking is FREE. Park here and enjoy walking around town!
Take the bus!
The Orange Bus will be available as a shuttle from the Orange County Library to Hillsborough Station on Nash Street [and back] from 10 am to 8 pm.
The Downtown Merchants of Historic Hillsborough are supported in part by a grant from the Hillsborough Tourism Board. The DTMHH is a 501(c)3. Visit the DTMHH website for more information: ShopHillsboroughNC.com